This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to change small dialog box language?

3 replies to this topic

kari_hun

kari_hun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:10

Hi,

I use bilingual installation (English, Hungarian). I have Windows2000 Hungarian version and IS Prof 7.01. I can select the language and everything works fine with both of English and Hungarian languages. I have some skinned custom dialog boxes. They are also OK. But the "small", built-in dialog boxes like SelectDir, SprinfBox, MessageBox don't work well with English language. The buttons language remains Hungarian. Intead of "Yes-No" I see "Igen-Nem".

Any idea?

Thanks,
kari_hun

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 21:06

These dialogs are mainly a wrapper around the MessageBox WinAPI which always uses the system language. This is a limitation of the OS. If you really need to get around this you will have to create custom dialog boxes.

kari_hun

kari_hun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:32

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reply.
You assured me, that I had to create custom dialog boxes. I was afraid of this :-(

kari_hun

Christian Stuck

Christian Stuck
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:07

You dont need to create custom dialogues. The buttons Yes and No for example are alway in the language of your OS

=>
Win98SE englisch = YES
Win98SE hungarian = IGEN

If they choose English, they surely have english OS right?