This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with Services

3 replies to this topic

processmate

processmate
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 16:16

Hello people

I have a deferred Custom Action that runs during Uninstall.

I have to stop IIS before the files are removed. Now i run issreset /stop from the shell.

Is there some other way that i can do this??

Cos if i run from the shell.... i cant track the progress bar.

Can i do something in the services table??

I am using Installshield developer 7.02

Can someone help me with this??

Thanks
Cheers

Shridar

Shridar
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 21:39

Create an entry in ServiceControl table

Field                     Value
ServiceControl            xyz*
Name                      IISADMIN
Event                     32***
Arguments                
Wait                      1
Component_                abc**

* Primary key in the table
** External key. 'abc' has to be a component, either specifically created for IIS or it may be a component in the install package whose files are being removed during UnInstall.

*** Event value 32 is a decimal value. It indicates that the service whose name 'IISADMIN' has to be stopped during the StopServices action during UnInstall.

By assigning value '1' to Wait, it is ensured that the installer will wait untile ther service actualy completes before proceeding.

processmate

processmate
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 05:08

Hey Sridhar

I tried that ... only with name w3svc. It works fine, sometimes. Sometimes i get an error saying that i dont have privileges to do that. I am running it as Administrator.

Why do i have to associate it with a component? It is an NT Service isnt it? It doesnt make any sense for me to associate it with any of my files?

The service always gets stopped. I never get any error. But when the StartService is called after RemoveFiles then i get an error. Is it because the component is removed from the machine?
The decimal value i use is 48. Stop and Start during uninstall.

Thanks
cheers

Shridar

Shridar
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 15:01

Error : I amn't sure why you get the error that you do not have privileges. Try to use the verbose logging and get more info on this.

Component: In service table the field 'Component_' is not nullable. In other words, when you author an entry in the ServiceControl table, this column has to have a valid value which is a key in the 'Component' table. Please read the SDK documentation on 'ServiceControl' table.

Please send the exact error that you are seeing the log file when the service is being stopped.