This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

response file in silentinstallation

3 replies to this topic

ast

ast
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:25

Hello All,

I want to know which type of variables are included in response file.

If i am Getting some value like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu using Windows get Registry value action and am using one set variable action to set this value to one of the variable in install sequece.

Am using this variable in many of the execute process and copy file action in installshield10.5 install and post install sequence.

My problem is that when i do silent installation of my project during that time if i give this variable in response file then only it is working.

Do we need to give these variables and value in response file?

because if i dont give silent installation of my project is not working.

is there is some way to sort this problem?

any sites where i will get more information on this topics

Thanks in advance
ast

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 22:41

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but a response file includes only the information that is entered in dialogs. Data you read from registry is not recorded. Note that in a silent install the UI events are skipped, so your registry reading function has to be placed in another event handler, such as OnInstalling.

ast

ast
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:23

Event handler means
are you referring to include custom event where i can obtain this registry value.

Thanks in advance
ast

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 15:28

You should modify one of the pre-defined functions, e.g. OnInstalling, and put your code there to get the registry value. Select the combo boxes above the script view to insert the default code and modify it appropriately.