This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Command line parameters

4 replies to this topic

nelly

nelly
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 13:58

Hello everybody!
My question is about Command line setup engine, like setup.exe -d.
How can I now, what parametr is transfered by command line?

Maybe, it's a silly question, but I can't find the answear to it.
Thanks !!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 17:42

Any custom cammand line parameters can be found in system variable CMDLINE. You can't get the built in parameters this way.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:06

Any custom parameter can be found in CMDLINE, that is given before using the built-in parameters!
So if you use built-in parameters like -f1, -d or ... be sure to place your custom parameters first.

Edited by Perotin, 18 October 2004 - 11:07.

Gruß / regards
Thomas

nelly

nelly
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:36

Thanks for replying, but can you please explain more about custom and built in parameters.
I need to use only -d parametr, but I need to know that this parametr was inserted, that is why I want to know, is there another system variable or something else that has the informatin about buil in parameters from command line?

Or better, Is there a possibility to use built in parameter like -d with custom parameter together?

Thanks again!

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:43

Look into the help file and get the CMDLINE help, there is a link to a page that describes all the built-in setup parameters.

As you will see -d is a built-in parameter.
So you will not find it in CMDLINE ...

If the user runs "setup -d" you cannot trigger this.
As long as you don't provide a setup.dbg file, he cannot use it anyway ...

And generally, you can use nearly every word as a custom parameter, as long as it doesn't overwrite a built-in one (see online help for the parameters used by InstallShield). As long as you add them to the command line before using the built-inones, you can find them in the system variable CMDLINE and use them in install script.

Gruß / regards
Thomas