This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Developer won't display sequences tree

1 reply to this topic

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:24

[I'm starting this thread here because I can't see a forum specific to Developer]

Very recently, I've started to have a problem viewing the Sequences/Actions display of the .ism file I am working on, in Developer 7.0. Clicking on the item in the left-hand menu creates the 2 empty windows for this view, but they never get populated with anything. Neither is there an hourglass to indicate that processing is going on. The InstallScript and Setup Files views respond straightaway.

At first I thought the file was becoming corrupted, and switched straight back to a backup copy. But now I've found it's simply an intermittent problem, and that closing and reopening the same file can eventually get it to behave itself.

What is going on? What is the problem here? This has only started happening recently, but I haven't made any changes to Developer or its installation, and the other aspects of it seem to work fine.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:38

[There are forums for the different InstallShield projects types.]

My first guess would be a permission problem in Internet Explorer (many of Developer's views use html and vbscript). However if it's only intermittend, I don't know...