This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Looking for the latest MP for IS 5.1

2 replies to this topic

hatrick

hatrick
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 14:32

Hello all:

Does anybody know where I can find the latest Maintenance Pack (I think it's 4 (Build 5.10.159)) for Installshield Pro 5.1? I went to Installshield's site, found the link, filled out the info and basically got an invalid link. I have since filled out a web request form to see if they will provide me a copy (I'm not counting on it). I'm trying other avenues to get a hold of the update.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions where I can find the update?

Thanks!

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:21

I had the same problem half a year ago ...
Nowhere in the net is the mp to be found.

The only way to get it, seems to be to contact InstallShield and buy the mp (they want some US$ 50 for shipping).
Gruß / regards
Thomas

hatrick

hatrick
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 03:52

I got the same response from Installshield; $50 bucks for a CD. I find it a little outragoues; what's the problem with having it on thier site. I could understand if it was the actual software, but it's a friggin MP!!

I had a copy of IS 5 and of course I wanted to make sure I had the latest version. I currently have the 5.10.145 build (MP4 will get me to Build 5.10.159) so I don't think it's a major impact for me, but I don't know what I am missing. I'm still using IS 3, (yes THREE). I can make it do the thing I need; I was just curious what IS 5 would buy me.

If anybody has any suggestions or ideas, gimme a yell.