This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

One click install gives run-time error in save

3 replies to this topic

SKL

SKL
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 19:15

One click install gives run-time error after trying to save to a target location. The installation includes files to be installed placed in sub-folders through the CDROM Folder option in Features and the release wizard used the custom media layout. This layout allows storing some features in .cab's and others in specified CD-ROM folders.

We need to have the install files structured in sub-folders in order to support CD-ROM install and also in order to run an application from CD. One-Click install works when the run-option is chosen after executing the setup.htm generated by DevStudio. Although saving the install gives run-time error. We need customers to be able to download and save the setup to a target location before actually installing the product.

Any solutions or ideas is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SKL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:07

What error message?
Does your setup contain any files that might conflicht with HTTP (e.g. with blanks ort special characters)?

SKL

SKL
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 19:50

Thanks for your reply. The following is the error message displayed in a pop-up dialog while running the setup:

"Setup.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created".

I couldn't locate the error log file. I'm trying the the scenario I'd mentioned with a test application with just one component having dll's but I still get the same error.

I'm pretty sure we're not using any special character files.

Any solutions or leads will be very helpful.

Thanks,
SKL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:08

So the setup works properly when run locally but crashes when run from HTTP? Could there be some firewall, anti-virus software or somthing like that corrupting the file during download? (Did you clear your browser cache?)