This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HELP!! Custom Setup - Change path not working

2 replies to this topic

workaholic

workaholic
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 20:22

My project is Basic MSI.

I am using the CustomSetup dialog, that allows the user to change the location of the install directories for a feature.

When the user modifies the path (it shows it has changed on the Custom Setup window), then continues and installs, the files are not installed to this changed path.

Is there an event I have to add to get this new path to be used? Currently, the ChangeFolder pushbutton just has on event:

Event Argument Condition
SelectionBrowse InstallChangeFolder 1

I have 3 features, each one installing to a different directory (I created 2 additional entries in the Directory Table, INSTALLDIR2 and INSTALLDIR3).

Each feature has a different destination (INSTALLDIR, INSTALLDIR2 and INSTALLDIR3)

Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 22:27

What's in the _BrowseProperty? If its INSTALLDIR then the dialog will change thew value of INSTALLDIR. Any component that uses INSTALLDIR as destination should install to the selected directory. You can generate a verbose log file to see those values.

workaholic

workaholic
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:37

Found it...

I had set the destination on the feature, but the components didn't have the same destination..

That resolved it.