This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

fehler während komponentenübertragung

7 replies to this topic

flo

flo
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 13:50

hi,
ich bekomme immer einen fehler, wenn ich als normaler user unter w2k mein prog deinstallieren will. er löscht alles ausser den shortcut auf dem desktop und das verzeichnis in dem das prog drin war.
dann kommt ne meldung, dass der zugriff verweigert wurde.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 13:57

Ick kante rede a' damne thigk u` wroght. :-\

flo

flo
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:11

HUAA help ;-) whats that?
when uninstalling my prog as a normal user on w2k it deletes everything expect the shortcut on desktop and the directory of where the prog was installed in.
then there will be a message that tells me componenttransfer error reason: access denied
... the prog was installed as normal w2k user

Jan Becker

Jan Becker
  • Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:13

funny language. sounds like a frog in your pants :)

@flo: maybe you dont have the right to remove desktop the desctop icon. the installation directory i have to delete by my own (from script, in uninstalled-event) because IS leaves it untouched. dont know why.

flo

flo
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:20

yes
the installation dir i delete on my own too (script)
that´s trouble too.
it doesn´t delete it (deutsch: sofort). it´s locked i have to reboot after that it deletes this directory

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:37

Ensure that you are logged in as an administrator before you uninstall and if you don't get the message, you know you must have adm rights to remove the icon.  

The directory being left may be because you have umbrellaed with more than one layer...  By that I mean, your TARGETDIR is like PROGRAMFILES^"COMPANY NAME"^"PR0DUCT NAME".  What happens is that IS thinks it only created the lowest level; not PROGRAMFILES^"COMPANY NAME".  What you can do is after you have had the user enter the destination for TARGETDIR, make each dir starting with the highest...
CreateDir(PROGRAMFILES^"COMPANY NAME");
CreateDir(PROGRAMFILES^"COMPANY NAME"^"PRODUCT NAME");

This gets a little complicated if the user selects an unstandard path so what I do is simply check that  "COMPANY NAME"^"PRODUCT NAME" is contained in the TARGETDIR.  if not I don't do the above code.  Even then, I still do a reset of all files/dirs underneath the TARGETDIR and a manual delete of the TARGETDIR on uninstall...be sure to check that you have the correct TARGETDIR before deleting.  If you use deletedir and the dir param passed  is "", 9x machines think that means the windir and you will blow away the os. Eeek!!!

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:45

One other thing... if multiple components install a file group, IS may have the count incremeted too much in the registry and come uninstall, won't remove it.  This seems to be a problem when you have "always" or "same or newer" for your overwrite property of a file group.  Can't quite explain this because the uninstall goes backwards and it should work right...