This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Applying patches in sequence

2 replies to this topic

mild_4u

mild_4u
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 00:18

Hi

I am using InstallShield - 12

I created MSP1 using msi-v1.00.0000 and msi-v1.00.1000 and then created MSP-2 using msi-v1.00.2000 and msi-v1.00.3000.

Now what I am trying to achieve here is MSP2 cannot be installed until MSP1 is successfully installed.

I have set sequence number to MSP1 and MSP2 using the sequence Tab and family name, target using the Patch configuration.

But when i install MSP-2 on msi-v1.00.0000 it doesn't check for MSP-1 but installs MSP-2.

Can anybody help me to enforce this sequecing.

Thanks

mild_4u

mild_4u
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 18:55

Hi,

I am half way to the solution...
Help plzz...
I created two patches and patch1 and patch2. Patch1 add text1.txt and patch2 adds text2.txt.
When i apply patch1 and then patch2 both files are added when corresponding patch is applied.
but when i apply just patch2, the patch gets installed but the file is not added.

but if i apply patch1 after applying patch2 then both the files get added after applying patch1.

so it seems sequencing is working to some extent but not the way i am expecting.

what I am trying to do is to prompt the user that patch 2 cannot be installed on the system if patch 1 is not installed...

can anybody tell what am i missing here...?

mild_4u

mild_4u
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 21:43

any idea plz?? its all confusing still not able to make it work...