This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Skip setup type dialog

3 replies to this topic

CRX_delsol

CRX_delsol
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 15:12

HI!

I want to modify my installr so that it skips the setup type screen. I want to disable and hide the custom option, so only complete is available. Also i want to skip that dialog because i don't need it anyway since only 1 option is avilable.

Any Ideas?

I'm new to this so please be patient with me smile.gif

Thanks

_nick_

_nick_
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 16:09

What are you using to build your install? Probably the simplest way to get rid of the dialog itself is to remove it from the InstallUISequence (assuming it is there), but this may or may not give you the desired results.

The default setup generated by Visual Studio doesn't have this type of screen, and if all your setup needs to do is place files on disk the IDE should be more than enough.

CRX_delsol

CRX_delsol
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 13:39

OK i managed to do it, and i tested the installer on win xp, win 2000 and on win 98. The installer skipped the setuptype dialog everywhere but on win 98.

why is that?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 14:29

Try with a fresh installed Win98, or make sure you changed the PackageCode GUID of your msi file. I guess you are running a cached copy of your msi on 98.