This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry Setting

2 replies to this topic

SpIkE007

SpIkE007
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 01:30

This is the scenario:
I'm in a company's network and every user has different profiles.

In my installer, I've written some data into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\XXXXX

After the installation, all programs work fine. But the moment, someone else logs in (with a different profile) they cannot seem to a access the data wriiten
in the rigistry.
Shouldn't writing to HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE be available to EVERYONE who logs onto that machine?
It's not profile dependent...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 17:48

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that in order to tweak around with information in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE you need to be a member of the Local Administrators group.  Perhaps the second logged on user did not have permissions to do whatever it was he/she was trying to do with the registry??

Kurt

JeffPClark

JeffPClark
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 19:42

In some instances there are subkeys created per user. I have found this in HKLM/.../CurrentVersion/Installer where the next key is UserData/S-1-5-21...../ There were several user IDs then products and Components under the user IDs.