This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Advertise feature

1 reply to this topic

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 15:04

Hi all,
The problem is a feature doesn't allow advertise but it does.

I have a minimal setup type (feature A1) and typical setup type(features A1, A2, A3) in the SetupType dialog, where
A1
Remote Installation   Favor Local
Install Level            10
Display                   Visible and Colapsed
Advertisment           Disallow Advertise
Required                 No
Release Flags          Agent
Condition                0 conditiion(s)

A2 and A3
Remote Installation   Favor Local
Install Level            100
Display                   Visible and Colapsed
Advertisment           Disallow Advertise
Required                 No
Release Flags          Full
Condition                0 conditiion(s)

I have two releases: Agent(Release Flags = Agent, only one feature A1 is installed) and Management Console (Release Flags = Full,Agent; features A1,A2,A3 are installed).  
I have added subfeature SubA1, SubA2, SubA3 and applyied a minor upgrade from the command line like "REINSTALLMODE=vomus, REINSTALL=A1,A2,A3 ADDLOCAL=SubA1,SubA2,SubA3". I have created an installation log file.
The problem is: the SubA1 features is not install.
I checked the log file and found the follows:
A1 has been installed and then try to reinstall (minimal setyp type):
MSI (s) (C0:38): Feature: A1; Installed: Advertise;   Request: Reinstall;   Action: Reinstall
MSI (s) (C0:38): Feature: SubA1; Installed: Absent;   Request: Null;   Action: Null

A1, A2, A3 have been installed and then reinstalled (typical setup type)
MSI (s) (A8:5C): Feature: A1; Installed: Local;   Request: Reinstall;   Action: Reinstall
MSI (s) (A8:5C): Feature: SubA1; Installed: Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Local

Why it is correct in the first way and wrong in the second? I really need to install SubA1, because I use one of it's component during the installation as executable and have an error now the file could not be found.

Any help will be great appreciated.
Irina Shirinsky
Software Engineer, Heroix Corporation
http://www.heroix.com

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 15:38

Hi,
I found what the problem was. I have added a new standard merge module to the exsting feature instead to add it to the new subfeature. Of course, the installation doesn't work correctly during the minor upgrading. I didn't recognize at that time that the merge module is a regular component.
Irina Shirinsky
Software Engineer, Heroix Corporation
http://www.heroix.com