This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to edit MSI Project

3 replies to this topic

forumsofvenkat

forumsofvenkat
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 13:23

I have an existing basic msi project with one script file(setup.rul) and installshield developer 7.02. The setup generated bythis project is doing the tasks like creating an .ini file, copyingfiles to destination path.I want to customize the setup as per my requirement now.
But i could see that the available script file is not being called.(I understood this by placing a message box in the function definitions.Moreover,I cannot see the function call anywhere).

Could someone please suggest me the process to customize this msi

project to generate the required setup.

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 15:19

I dont figure out your problem.

Is it a problem of path ? If that's your problem, do you use the property INSTALLDIR ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:15

Your project probably includes custom actions that call functions from your script file. There's no InstallScript in general that is executed (in a Basic MSI project).

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 15:32

Perhaps check if this clears things up a little: http://shieldmaster....custom-actions/

As Stefan says Basic MSI doesn't run as an Installscript. Rather it runs as a standard MSI sequence with an Installscript function call as one of the possible custom action types (along with VBScript, EXE file etc...).

If a function in your Installscript isn't run by a custom action, it will never be run at all.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 25 August 2014 - 15:33.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul