This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change component target path

2 replies to this topic

mishka

mishka
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:26

IS Developer 8.02, InstallScript MSI project.

I have component that consist of one *.sys file (with version). This file is also marked as key file for this component. I received requirement in new version of our product to install this file into the new location - so I've changed its Destination.

Clean install works fine. Problem is on minor upgrade. Version of sys file itself was not changed, only its location. When installer check if this file should be installed it checks two versions - of file on the old location and of file on the CD. They are equal, so installer does not copies file into the new location sad.gif

Old location is C:\Program Files\FilesX\XpressRestore\Xpress Client\
New location is [SystemFolder]drivers

Here are relevant lines from verbose log:
Feature: Client; Installed: Local; Request: Reinstall; Action: Reinstall
Component: FXBRFile.sys; Installed: Local; Request: Local; Action: Local
Executing op: SetTargetFolder(Folder=C:\Program Files\FilesX\XpressRestore\Xpress Client\)
Executing op: SetSourceFolder(Folder=1\System32\drivers\)
Executing op: ChangeMedia(...)
Executing op: FileCopy(SourceName=FXBRFile.sys,SourceCabKey=FXBRFile.sys, DestName=FXBRFile.sys,Attributes=16385,FileSize=42312,PerTick=32768,, VerifyMedia=1,,,,,CheckCRC=0,Version=1.0.6.0,Language=1033,InstallMode=126091264,,,,,,)
File: C:\Program Files\FilesX\XpressRestore\Xpress Client\FXBRFile.sys; Won't Overwrite; No patch; Existing file is of an equal version

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:33

You can't do this in a Minor Update. You have to create a Major Upgrade for this.

mishka

mishka
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:35

Is there still ANY way to make this work without major upgrade ? We had very heavy problems with InstallScript Project and Major Upgrade in the past.. sad.gif