This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

PackageForTheWeb error 1309

5 replies to this topic

dipowargaw

dipowargaw
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 21:45

Help,

I am using InstallShield Pro 6.3 and PackageForTheWeb 4.0.
I want to create a single executable file to setup a program (eMbedded Visual Tools - EVT).
EVT has a setup file under DISK1 folder, and several folders and many files that are needed to complete the install.

I got an error 1309. Error reading from file: verify that the file exists, and that you can access it.

I want to know if someone has a step-by-step instruction to do this.

Thanks,
Dipo

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 22:37

I use PackageForTheWeb all the time and have not seen this error.

This is a shot in the dark, but maybe you don't have it setup for live folders and some previously existing setup-related data file is now gone.  If so, here are two solutions:

1. Try enabling live folders and seeing if the problem goes away.

2.  Try comparing static list of files in PFTW and to the actual one in Windows Explorer.  Then delete any orphans.

dipowargaw

dipowargaw
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 17:07

I tried your suggestions and still the same.  In addition, I got another error: error accessing STF file.  
This is what I did:

Select both Include files in subfolders and live folder
At the packagefile screen: Next (all files are correct)
At the Installation Option: Next
At the Delivery options: select "Launch an executable when files unpacked."  Filename: setup.exe (this the executable file needed to run the application).  Then, hit Next
Hit Next several times till Finish.

It seems that the setup will run the setup.exe while unpacking the files, which it cannot see some files that haven't been unpacked.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Dipo

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 19:45

That basically looks okay.  Only thing which is probably wrong is the executable should be "Disk1\setup.exe".

dipowargaw

dipowargaw
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 22:24

I tried Disk1\setup.exe.  The result is the same thing/error.
setup.exe is located in Disk1, inside Disk1 there are several more folders and files.

dipowargaw

dipowargaw
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 23:23

I found the problem.
I have to select the check box: Restore Source File Folder Structure On Target.