This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

customize return code

1 reply to this topic

bumman

bumman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 21:14

how do I setup a Windows Installer custom action (or use Installscript) to return a value from the install.  

For example if I wanted to make my own custom return code which was 10000 that corresponds to a certain custom failure.  How would I make the setup.exe return 10000.  So I could then do something like CreateProcess and get the return code from this to monitor errors.

thanks.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 18:46

Hi,
You can return to the Windows Installer from the custom action only success (return 0) or fail (return ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE). You can not get any numbers code. The fail means the installation will be interrupted and finished with the SetupError dialog. You can set a public property in the custom action (for  immediatelly custom action only) and do other installation steps conditionally or use registry or .txt files to store your information.
Irina Shirinsky
Software Engineer, Heroix Corporation
http://www.heroix.com