This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade of merge modules

1 reply to this topic

buckelfliege

buckelfliege
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 15:54

Hi,

I'm using Standard projects in ISD 7.03. I've a COM+ application which is shared between different products, so I put this COM+ app into a merge module. Now it happens, that I have to add or delete COM-Components to/from my COM+ app, therefore I need new versions of that merge module. Especially I need something like a "Major Upgrade" of that merge module. ( Uninstalling the older version and installing the new one )  Is that possible?

Thx in advance
Achim

fish

fish
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 13:58

Hi,
If I understand the WI system correctly, merge modules are installed as part of your main installation - they are 'merged'.

If you recompile the merge module with the stuff, then recompile your app (updating the version numbers as for a normal upgrade), it should upgrade an old installation correctly.

Let me know if this works, as I'll also need to be able to do this at some point

Cheers

John