This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Mode Problems

3 replies to this topic

richardnorris

richardnorris
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 16:25

I'm experiencing differences between running my setup with and without command-line parameters. the command-line i'm using is setup.exe /s /v/qb.

When the setup is run without the command-line parameter the setup runs without a problem, but when I use setup.exe /s /v/qb. I get the following error

"Error 1406. Could not write value <REGISTY VALUE> to key <KLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\.....> Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I know if you try and manually add a key to <KLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum> you get an error "Cannot create key: Error writing to the registry" which is fair enough. but why do the method of running the setup behave differently.

I've also try this on InstallShield 10.5 and have the same results

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
Rich

Edited by richardnorris, 25 April 2005 - 16:49.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:46

I don't think that /qp is a valid msiexec command line parameter.

Note that in a silent install the UI sequence is skipped completely. This may cause a difference in behaviour.

richardnorris

richardnorris
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 16:48

sorry, I made a typing mistake it should have been /qb.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:09

!qb still skips the UI sequence, so any custom actions you may have there will not be executed.