This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with migrating feature install conditions

1 reply to this topic

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 19:39

Hello,

We have a version(Version A) of our product built with InstallShield Professional 11.5. This version has 4 features. This installer is an Installscript MSI based installer.
Now we decided to release a major upgrade for Version A.Lets call this new version Version B. We removed one of the features in Version B and Verson B has just 3 features.
We also decided to start using InstallShield 2009 Professional for this major upgrade.All the recommended rules for major upgrade were followed.
A major upgrade configuration was created.The MigrateFeature states attribute was set in the releases view.

I am facing a strange issue. Suppose you install only 2 out of 4 features in the initial install of the product(Version A) and then carry out the major upgrade by running Version B, the installer updates the initial installed features. On top of this, it also installs the 2 features which were **not** selected during the initial install.
I inspected the windows installer logs and found out that MigrateFeatureStates is correctly migrating the features. However just after this i observe that InstallValidate is marking all features for an install. I also observed that the value of ADDLOCAL is set to a comma seperated list of all the features in the Version B of the product. Ths is resulting in unwanted installation of additional features during a major upgrade.

What could be wrong here?Please help.

Regards,
Kiran Hegde

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:34

Any pointers please?