This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Static DLL Custom Action

1 reply to this topic

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:15

Hi there,

I am coming with a problem. I am using InstallShiled 11, Basic MSI project. I want to call a function (from the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog – the engine is already shut down here) as a static link-library (dll) which was installed with the product.
The function does not return something, the parameter is a constant string. The problem is that, when the CA is run, an error appears “Unknown source …”. It seems, for me, that the problem is that the dll is not load, or something related.
I have tried also to run the CA during sequence execution, and the function is working well (I mean I received another error … something related to unallocated the memory – I think that there the problem is with the convention type calling defined in dll for the function).
So, I would like to know, why, at the final of installation, if I want to launch the CA, does not work.

Thank you for your support.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:21

Try using a "Windows Installer DLL" instead.