This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reinstall problem

1 reply to this topic

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 20:03

Hello,
I use the minor upgrade for my product by setting CmdLine as REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=ALL.  I have built new kit almost every day. I change ProductVersion and PackageCode each time when build. I have tryed periodically to update from old version to new one (2  time in week). All worked fine. We have General Release on April and will have another one  soon.
PROBLEM is : Reinstall don't correctly update all files: some files are old and another are new, don't update registry entry. Unfortunatelly we have added some new components in existing feature and I know that they don't go during updating.
Could anybody help  me to fix this problem.
I have only several days to do that., but I need to update our product.

Thanks for advance,

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 14:30

Any new components must be put into a new feature. I guess Stefan can get new features under old features to work, but InstallShield says you can't. REINSTALL=ALL doesn't work if you add new features.  You have to use REINSTALL=<existing feature, existing feature> and ADDLOCAL=<new feature, new feature>.  Good luck!