This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enable Maintenence in BASIC MSI

6 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:26

Hi .

I have created a BASIC MSI and installation works fine , but when i run the installer for the second time it doens't go the Maintenence mode instead again goes to the Installation mode. I am very new to INSTALLSHIELD, can anyone plz let me know how to enable Maintenence Mode in BASIC MSI.

Regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:26

How do you launch the installer for the second time? From setup.exe, or double clicking the .msi file, or from Add/Remove Programs control panel?

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:45

Hi Stefan .

I am launching it from setup.exe ... My product code , package code hasn't changed between builds but still it never goes to Maintenece mode ...Can you please help me in resolving it ...I have absolutely no idea what to do...

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:58

Hi Stefan .

Now i packaged it as a .msi and it goes to Maintenence mode , but when created as a an setup.exe it doesn't go to this mode...How do i make it work for .exe files as well..

Regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 17:12

But you're not trying to launch it directly from the InstallShield IDE, right?

In your media, check the setup.ini for the CmdLine= entry.

If that doesn't show the cause, create a log file to see what's going on.

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:31

Hi Stefan ,

I couldnt figure out the root cause of this , but i created a new project and it works well and fine.But i am facing a new problem in the maintenence phase. I am using the Control event "Remove" with the argument "ALL" to remove all the features installed but the installer doesn't remove anything. I am following the installer user guide and performing everything specified there but it doesn't seems to work as it is...Can you please help ..

regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 14:06

Check the log file. Maybe some other event is resetting the value, or setting conflicting values like AddLocal or Reinstall.