This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Set a feature in dynamically detected directory

1 reply to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:44

Hi,

I have a feature A to be installed. I want to install this feature in a directory called INSTALLPATH.

The installpath is detected dynnamically based on installation of a specific product. To detect this path i am using system search. Lets say i got the path from Property INSTALLPATHPRODUCT

Now i create a custom action to set the directory INSTALLPATH corresponding to value obtained from INSTALLPRODUCTPATH.

In installshield log i can confirm that this deirectory has been assigned correct value.

Now i assign this directory value to installation forlder of feature A. This does not work.

After doing this i get path for this feature as c:\INSTALLPATH\ in custom installation dialog box.

Why i am not getting actual detected path ?

Regards,

Amarjeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 18:11

I guess you are talking about a component (not a feature)?

In the properties of the component, in the Destination row, the corresponding directory property is shown in curly brackets. That's the property you need to set using your custom action.
You can also see it in Files and Folders view, right click the folder, select Properties. There you can also change the name of the property.