This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Folder Selection in Windows Installer

5 replies to this topic

tok

tok
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:28

Hi All

I am creating a MSI package for my Vb6 application using Visual Studio Installer. Using ORCA am able to customize this MSI.

Anyone can provide tips to display a folder selection dialog window during installation process(display after installation destination folder).

Is it posible this using ORCA? or should I go for some advanced scripting.

Please help me.....

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 15:28

You want to display a second dialog, similar to the select destination directory dialog? This can be done with Orca, but it may be a bit tedious: You would have to copy the destination folder dialog with all it's controls (read the SDK docs to see which tables are affected). Modify the event for the Next button of the first dialog to make it call the second. Modify the Back button of the subsequent dialog to call the second destination dialog. Modify the Next and Back buttons of the second dialog accordingly.

tok

tok
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:53

Thanks for the reply

I took a copy of all entries of FolderForm in Dialog, Control, ControlCondition and ControlEvent tables.

Am trying to modify NextButton's Control_Event of FolderForm in CONTROL table. I replaced "Folderlabel" with my new form's name. But am getting an internal error during the installation.

Am I modifying the correct event? How can i display the new form??

regards,
Tok

Edited by tok, 17 July 2005 - 04:55.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 20:41

You need to modify the Argument column of the ControlEvent (not Control_Event) table. The event in this row should be NewDialog.

tok

tok
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:53

Yes!! I updated that table also. Now Installer is working.

But my userForm is not displaying. I added a record in InstallUISequence as below. But stilllll......

WelcomeForm -> 1002
myForm -> 1300

From where I can find a good example with complete flow?

Thanks for the reply.

Tok

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 16:29

Usually you wouldn't add your dialog to the UI sequence directly, but instead put a NewDialog event on the Next button of the preceding dialog. Look at the sample msi in the SDK.