This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to add an uninstaller to start menu or desktop

4 replies to this topic

rajib

rajib
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:57

Hi

I'm working with ISX Premier edition. In installscript project, how can i create an uninstaller ?

let's say an installer X is created and successfully installed. How can i create an uninstaller of X and set it at start menu or desktop by Installscript project? Please help me asap....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 22:10

Uninstall is performed by the same script as installation, in the maintenance part of the code. Unless you de-activated this in the project settings or modified the default code in a way that breaks uninstall.

How to create an uninstall shortcut:
http://helpnet.macro.....h/gsearch.asp

rajib

rajib
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:37

Thank you sir for your reply. Yes I've tried according to your guidance and it is worked.

But while I'm clicking the shortcut to uninstall, uninstallation is not started directly rather the typical window is coming prompting three options:

1. Modify
2. Repair
3. Remove

It's really bothering as i've clicked the shortcut to uninstall my programme, isn't it? Sir can you tell me how I will stop prompting this window? I want the uninstallation to start directly.

I've tried using the method , UninstallApplication(), but it also does the same. What should i do?

Regards,
-Rajib unsure.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 17:33

This dialog is displayed by the OnMaintUIBefore event handler. You could modify your shortcut to pass a custom command line parameter to setup.exe. You can pick up this parameter in the CMDLINE system variable. Modify the OnMaintUIBefore function so that it doesn't display the dialog if the command line parameter is set.
Note that you should display the dialog if the parameter is not set. This is the case if your setup is launched from Add/Remove Programs control panel and in this case it should also offer the modify and repair options.

rajib

rajib
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:42

Thanks ... it is done. Thanks again. smile.gif

-Rajib