This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem enabling Close on title bar of the dialog

3 replies to this topic

venki_1

venki_1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 07:19

In my application if I click on close button on the title bar of the dialog box ( X button on top right corner ) the install script is not receiving any event so the installation application not throwing any message and not even closing the application. The same thing is happening for Alt+F4 also.
Can any one help me on this.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Venkat

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 23:21

Humm, my install tester mumbled something yesterday about hitting <Alt>+<F4> towards the end of the install and seeing some weird "you should not see this" message.  Since there's nothing in my script which does this, it must be InstallShield at work here.

Are you using IS 6.31?  Also, what OS?  At the time, he was using W2K.
user posted image

venki_1

venki_1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 06:56

Yes ,
I am using Install Shield Professional standard edititon version 6.31. I observed the same behavior in all Operating Susytems.
I tried debugging the script, but after clicking Alt + F4 or close button the control is not going back to the install script.

Thanks,
Venkat

venki_1

venki_1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 09:35

Hi,
I solved this problem. The mistake I did was I deleted the button with label "C" from all dialog boxes. I didn't know that this is the button which handles Esc and X button on the title bar ( I guess it is not documented also ).After strugglig for long time I later came to know that this is the button having ID as 2 handles this exit event.So i reintroduced this button to all dialog boxes with property Visble to be unchecked ( So that it won't be visible on the dialog boxes.
Thank you,
Venkat