This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launching an other Installshield from mine

4 replies to this topic

nick_91

nick_91
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 14:08

Hello
When I launch an  other installshield from mine, i get this error: "The IS engine could not be installed. IKernel.exe could not be copied to C:\... Make sure that you have privileges to copy files (0x20)".
I launch it with LaunchAppAndWait (DoInstall doesn't work).
If I double click on the other installshield, this problem does not happen.
Thank you

(This error wasn't happening when I used ISPro5...)

lenif

lenif
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:23

Is there someone with a solution ? I get the same error ... Impossible to launch a third party installshield from mine ?

Thanks for help ...

Regards, huh.gif
Lenif.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 13:42

I've always just used LaunchAppAndWait with the normal set of parameters, so let me ask you some questions.

Are you using IS 6.31 and does the user have Administrator privileges? Does this occur on all operating systems or just certain ones? What errors do you get with DoInstall? Also, what version of IS is this 3rd party install created with? Finally, I'll need an exact copy of your code to help troubleshoot this problem.

Edited by Taco Bell, 24 September 2003 - 21:00.

user posted image

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 20:27

I guess the lanched program was created with other version of installsheild, i.e IS5.5. It is different from your current project. You can see the size of setup.exe and IKernel.exe to find the difference. If that is the case, try to copy both of those files (IS6.3 version) to replace the lauched program to see if it works.

lenif

lenif
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:35

I'll try your idea for the ikernel and I keep you on ... ;-)