This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to remove installshield labels from dialogs?

8 replies to this topic

nemanjas

nemanjas
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 13:04

how to remove these? and how to delete same thing from custom dialog.

probably there are msi tables/items but can i do it from ISWI?

slkayser

slkayser
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 18:30

There may be a better way, but... this is how i accomplished it. The InstallShield dialog editor does not show controls for the 2 text controls (there are two that overlay each other), and the line above the next, back, etc. You can modify the text that says "InstallShield" in the string table - each dialog has its own entry, and there are 2 per dialog - your best best is to go through the entire string table using the "Find" function searching for InstallShield. You can simply clear the entry to blank it out. Once you do that, if you look at the dialogs you will find that the line looks goofy - it does not extend all the way to the left. So, since you cannot modify the line that InstallShield puts there, I created my own line (use height 0), and put it on top of the existing line.

Hope this helps.
SteveK.

gowen

gowen
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2001 - 12:27

You can resize the line to full width by editing the exported project file.

Basically, Export your project to a text file (.isv) and load it into your favourite text editor.
Do a Find for "DlgLine" until you find a line which looks similar to this:

"DlgLine CONTROL Cxxxxxx 1  0 Line  326  234 0   0 48"

The xxxxxx will be some number.  The important part is the last 5 numbers.

Change the numbers as follows:

"DlgLine CONTROL Cxxxxxx 1  0 Line  374 234 0   1 0"

Save the file and then load it back into the IDE.  You should see the line going full width.

If anyone wants to spend the time It's probably possible to work out which DlgLine relates each dialog. In the mean time it's easier just to change them all.

miker

miker
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2001 - 19:24

gowen,

When you say load it back in, is there a menu option to do that?  I had ti write some VB Script to grab hold of the automation interface.

Source:
Set oProject = CreateObject("ISWiAutomation.ISWiProject")

lResult = oProject.ImportProject( "D:\code\Installations\Standard.ism", "D:\code\Installations\Standard.isv" )

Msgbox "Result [" & lResult & "]"

Bunty

Bunty
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 04:46

you can try all this things by using a tool called - ORCA.
This application allows to edit all the system tables used by an msi.

Regards
Bunty Parekh
Bunty_dp@hotmail.com

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 08:30

FYI there's a VB script here on InstallSite that you can use to post-process your .mai file. It will remove the branding and adjust the line.

luke

luke
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 04:21

Orca is a great tool for doing this but cant you just go straight into the direct editror and edit the controls from there?
All I do is find the Install Shield Brandings and replace the text for these with my own choice of text.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 16:57

The original question was about ISWI which doesn't have a full DirectEditor, just a limited PowerEditor where you cannot do this.

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 19:17

Hi all,

I removed all InstallShield Brandings and replaced this with my own text in DirectEditor in Developer 7.03. But when i test the built msi, i still see only Installshield text in the brandings. And when i view the .msi in Orca or Developer, all branding texts are changed to the default Installshield text?? What am i doing wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-rb