This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLING A NEW FONT

4 replies to this topic

umbe2k1

umbe2k1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 17:59

I need a quick way to install a font during setup file transfer...i've just tried the include tefont.h-.rul but with installshield 6.x it doesn't seem to work!!!!
anyone can help me???"!?!
thanx in advance!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 02:09

Simply copy the font to <WinDir>\Fonts and register it.  You can register it at install time using RegDBSetKeyValueEx.

Win9x Example:
RegDBSetKeyValueEx('SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Fonts', 'Tahoma (TrueType)',REGDB_STRING,'tahoma.ttf', -1)

Win NT Example:
RegDBSetKeyValueEx('SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Fonts', 'Tahoma (TrueType)',REGDB_STRING,'tahoma.ttf', -1)

For more information, check out the post "Adding a font to windows" started by scott matthews2.

As of right now, it's about a dozen posts back.

umbe2k1

umbe2k1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 08:41

under the win9x i think the key don't contain the word "windows NT"...i've posted a new topic cause the other i've found doesn't seem to satisfy my request: it's not important to have the font at the installation time, but it's important to have it also after reboot...why simply copying a group of files to <windir>/fonts don't seem to work??

any help welcome  - thanx in advance

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 15:19

Yeah, those registry commands were simply a copy from the other post.  For Win9x, it would be "Windows" and not "Windows NT".

To make the font avaible, you need to register it.  Simply copying the file won't do it.  That's what those RegDBSet commands are for.

Also I wasn't saying you need to do this to make them available to your install program, just that that would be the time you would set those registry values.

From the looks of it, I think that part of the confusion is the fact that English is a 2nd language to you.

umbe2k1

umbe2k1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 11:15

finally i did it!
the best way i've found is this:
- include the files (tefont.rul-tefont.h) in the main script
- include the DLL in the project
- call the function RegisterFontFromDirectory(DIRECTORY) AFTER having copied the installation files
I was wrong because i copied the fonts before moving all the data.

any questions?