This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Getting Insert Disk Message

3 replies to this topic

rznain

rznain
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:14

I am installing my product setup from CD and ISO image from virtual drive. But it is giving me the error of Insert Disk message. I tried the same CD from other CD ROM by mapping the network drive and it works. But for the case of ISO image it still exists.

Can someone help why this error occurred or this is some particular scenario?

At my End I am using IS12 with setup type of Installscript.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
rznain

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 15:02

The volume label of the CD should match the entry in the Media table (which you can set in the advanced settings in the release wizard). This only applies to removable media, not if the setup runs from hard disk (for instance: the temp folder) or from network.

rznain

rznain
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:34

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2008-12-12 15:02)
The volume label of the CD should match the entry in the Media table (which you can set in the advanced settings in the release wizard). This only applies to removable media, not if the setup runs from hard disk (for instance: the temp folder) or from network.

Thanks Stefan
but i m unable to locate the key you are talking about

can you give guide me for it

Thanks

Regards
Nain

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 16:19

Launch the Release wizard. On the Media Type dialog select CD-ROM. On the Disk Spanning Options dialog select Custom. On the Disk Spanning Advanced Settings dialog you can specify the volume label. By default it's "DISK?" where the ? is automatically replaced with a conscutive number for multi-disk setups. So for the first CD the volume label is DISK1. In your CD buring software make sure you are specifying this as the volume label of the CD.