This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DIFXAPP: ERROR 0x57 encountered while creating sub

2 replies to this topic

subodh_jai

subodh_jai
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:10

We are frequently hitting this issue on one of our system "DIFXAPP: ERROR 0x57 encountered while creating subkey for component '{DA28EDE2-B52B-4583-80E3-698F4B63CD8D}'"

I run through some of the posts on google and understood that this may be becasue of an issue with the user profile loading or may come if the user does not have the administrative privileges or installation was not launched with ALLUSERS=1 property, I verified the installation and found every thing was in place.

Is there any thing else I can check for this.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:38

QUOTE (subodh_jai @ 2011-08-17 08:10)
on one of our system

Frankly, as loath as I am to advise it (I'm a devil for knowing why stuff like this doesn't work), I think it would be more productive to rebuild one system than waste time trying to figure out a problem like this.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

subodh_jai

subodh_jai
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:04

Thanks VBScab, I was actually looking for a reply like this to convince few people here, thanks again.