This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSIEXEC Parameter

5 replies to this topic

noquestion

noquestion
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 18:59

Hi guys,

if I start an uninstallation with msiexe /x {myGUID}, the user is asked by the uninstallation, if he really wants to uninstall that product.
Is there a way to supress that Message without disabeling the whole UI of the uninstallation ?!
It is really just that single message, that I want to be supress.

Thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 22:57

I'm not sure. Have you tried /qb ?

noquestion

noquestion
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 12:23

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your answer.
I allready tried /qr and it worked fine for my.

Best regards

nbz

nbz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 09:50

Hi,

I can use the /QN to suppress the uninstallation but how do I suppress the UI from asking whether the user want to restart the system or not? Is there a way to silently force the restart?

Gavin

Gavin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2002 - 17:59

Bad idea... I would be very upset if my computer (especially one of my servers) was rebooted without asking.  Always let your user decide if it's okay to shut down their system. :)

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 16:53

the ability to suppress messages comes from using the /q{option} switch on the same command line.  you might try using the /qb or /qr options.

the /qb limits to the basic user interface
the /qr uses the reduced user interface

i don't know the specific details about what the differences are between the two but i tried the /qr and it removed the message confirming removal.  what other dialogues were removed you will have to check....