This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing merge module destinations

1 reply to this topic

AlexH

AlexH
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2001 - 10:18

Hi,

I'm trying to change the desitnation (in the calling MSI) of a merge module I've created and I'm having lots of problems doing this. I've tried setting the merge module desitnation (in the merge module project) to just "." as described in the docs but whenever I run the MSI that uses this module I get a number of different errors depending on what I set the target directory to be (including error -1606, "can't access the network location...." and error 1322 which says something like "Part of the path is too long"). I've also tried compiling the merge module with a "." at the start of the destination path (i.e. ".[ProgramFiles]\CompanyName") but this doesn't seem to have helped. The only way I can get the module to merge properly is by setting the target dir (in the merge module project) to "CompanyName\AppName" and setting the merge module destination (in the calling MSI) to be "[CommonAppDataFolder]". I would like to be able to set the target dir for the merge module (in the calling MSI) to a certain path and have the merge module actually install to that location! (surely not a lot to ask)
I would appreciatie any advice/ideas that anyone could give me on this subject, particularly if anyone has seen the errors described above.

Thanks.

AlexH

AlexH
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2001 - 14:42

Looks like there was something up with my installation of ISWI. I've tried compiling the same project on a different box (with a fresh version of ISWI on) and it seems to work.