This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action doesn't work in Admin mode

3 replies to this topic

dGabay

dGabay
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 23:17

I have a button on my license agreement dialog that launches a URL to our website. I ported that dialog to the Admin sequence but in Admin mode, the button does nothing. In install mode, the same dialog works as expected.

The custom action that links to the button is a type 226 which launches the following command line:

"[ProgramFilesFolder]InternetExplorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "www.blah.com/blah".

When I look at my MSI log after an admin install, my ProgramFilesFolder is set to G:\program files\. G: is a mapped network drive on my machine. This doesn't affect any other functionality of the Admin install, since everything works great except the button.

My question is, what is the best way to launch a URL while in the Admin UI sequence?

Thanks.

partha

partha
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 01:07

Hi
As per ur log file "ProgrmFilesFolder" property is not working properly
so what i suggest is dont pass the iexplorer.exe with argument of URL
just pass the URL n try .

As it is not finding iexplorer it wont launch the url, just pass url directly.
"[ProgramFilesFolder]InternetExplorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "www.blah.com/blah".
instead pass this
"www.blah.com/blah".

Regards
Partha

dGabay

dGabay
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 15:53

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it and now it doesn't work in install mode or in admin mode. I think that's because with this type of custom action, you have to specify the filename and command line (not just the command line). Good idea though.
Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 19:19

Try something like shellexecute to launch whatever the default browser is.