This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create Custom Dialog

1 reply to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 15:55

I have created custom dialogs in IS 6.x, but I have no clue on how to do it for MSI 2.03.

Do I do it the same way that I did it in IS 6 in DevStudio?  If so, how do I get the MSI program to call it.

I need an answer ASAP.

Thanks.

Brian Elliott

Brian Elliott
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 18:24

1.  Go to the Dialogs Section (where it lists all the dialogs), and right click on All Dialogs.  Choose "New Dialog" and go to town.  I usually copy parts from other dialogs (like the title bars and different graphs).  

2.  Once you have it like you want it, copy in the Next > Back < and Cancel buttons from another dialog - make sure to change the (name) Property to Back, Next, and Cancel respectively.

3.  The in the "behavior" section of the dialog make sure each button has a "NewDialog" event with the argument set to the appropriate dialog.  It is just a matter of streaming all the backs, nexts together and the "sequences" section will pick up dialog flow.  Refer to how the default project is set up to see how these guys are strung together.

Hope this helps.
Brian