This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

localization issues

1 reply to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 14:13

Hi,
I'm testing IS5.5sp3 for localization of my installation. For example, I try to create a setup in Thai (I've installed Thai language support on my English WinXP). I need to know how to put strings into the value.shl file, and - most important - how to save the file (in what format)???? I'm using Notepad, and for the sake of the demonstration, I changed the PRODUCT_NAME string to something in Thai. The following happens:

1. if I save ANSI - the result is gibberish in the dialogs
2. if I save Unicode, the project doesn't open in the IDE
3. if I save UTF-8, the project opens, all of the strings in the Thai string table have the value "Thai", and when the Setup runs, it doesn't recognize any of the strings (although they appear in the table).

So in what FORMAT, and with what tool am I supposed to save VALUE.SHL ?

Thanks.
/=/=/=/=/=[br]Deus[br]/=/=/=/=/=

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 15:35

Did you enable Tahi support in your project? Then you can edit the string table in the IDE. Try to enter at least one Thai entry. Then you may look at the resulting .shl to see the correct format.