This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to display large text from Property in Dialog?

2 replies to this topic

jforst

jforst
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 22:33

I have a text stream that is created at runtime and placed into a property. I need to display this property to the user through a dialog. I have created a new dialog in the Dialog editor and first I used a Text Control with the property listed in the Text column. This displayed the Control with only a little of the text in the property and did not display a scrollbar to see the rest. It appears to have simply cut off the text. Next, I tried using the Scrollable Text Control, setting the property in the Text column of the Control table as described in the installshield documentation. This displays the Control with no text at all from the property.

Can anyone help me with this issue???

Thanks,

Jim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:06

Static text doesn't have a scroll bar, so you would have to make the control large enough to display all the text.

The scrollable text control displays RTF text, so your text would have to be RTF formatted. However I'm not sure it accepts the text in a property, so you may have to create the control on the fly by adding a temporary row to the Control table and pasting your RTF text in the appropriate column.

Another option might be a multiline edit control.

jforst

jforst
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 17:56

Thanks Stefan,

The multi edit box was the way to go. I don't know why I didn't think of this... biggrin.gif

Jim...