This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcut to uninstall

2 replies to this topic

iank

iank
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 18:48

I am trying to add a shortcut to uninstall in the start/programs folder.  Nothing seems to be make this icon appear.  I've managed to add an icon to run my installed software but not to uninstall it.  I followed the HOW TO on installshield.com but with no success.  Is anybody able to tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Ian

iank

iank
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 15:17

I sorted this. It was my own silly fault! I hadn't read the instructions properly.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 16:42

This is not a personal critticism but, I see lots of people wanting to do this without giving any thought to the consequences.

Many users are very unhappy about uninstall icons placed in the start menu.   This was the only way to do it under older windows but alll the modern windows contain an ARP of various types.  This is the Microsoft approved way of uninstalling software.   If you are a system administrator you may set a policy to disable installation/uninstallation for normal users.  In this case ARP will not appear.  In your case your icon remains present creating a management nightmare.