This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to remove the "Logging started ...." box ?

4 replies to this topic

valerino

valerino
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 09:43

Hi,
anyone knows how to remove the "Logging started ..... bla bla" message which appears the first time you run a package on a machine on which it isnt installed before ?
Its annoying, coz the setup suddenly exits after that box and you have to run it again.

The probleam appears just once, the next time the package is run the setup works correctly. I tried to search everywhere on the net but havent found anything about that. I hope i'm not the only one who suffer this problem

I'm using IS Developer 7.04 and working with standard projects using MSI 2.0

Hope to see an answer

Valerio

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:49

I don't think I've seen such a message box before. Do you have a screen shot?
(unfortunately you can't post the screenshot in this forum, but maybe you can post a link)

valerino

valerino
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 13:04

Hi Stefan,
there is nothing special in that box. Its just a message box which appears after the "Installshield Wizard is preparing for install ....." dialog.

It says
"==== Logging started : 06/11/2002 12:53:44 ===" with a warning icon on the left (yellow triangle with !;)
with no title caption and an OK button.

Clicking on OK, the setup exits (with no SdFinishDialog, just exits). Launching it again it works perfectly (no messagebox appears).

The only thing i found on the net about this is this topic, on a newsgroup :

http://groups.google...ups?....&rnum=1

Unfortunately, noone replied to that ......

awaiting clues ........
Valerio

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 13:13

That looks like (for whatever reason) a string that should be written to the installer log (not the uninstall log, but the msi log file) goes to the message box instead. Very strange.
Did you try to enable msi logging to create a verbose log file. Maybe that can give us some clue.

The message may be from isscript.msi instead of your own msi.

valerino

valerino
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 13:54

That's the only thing written in the log, using
setup.exe /verbose"c:\is.log"

=== Verbose logging started: 06/11/2002  13.37.13  Build type: SHIP UNICODE 2.00.2600.02  Calling process: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe ===
=== Logging started: 06/11/2002  13.37.13 ===
=== Verbose logging stopped: 06/11/2002  13.37.13 ===

Anyway, i finally found out a solution : unchecking "Cache web download" in the realease view seems to fix the problem.

But uhm .... i wanted to cache the download package ehehehe :)

Odd .....

Valerio