This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Strange installation problems involving .rra files

3 replies to this topic

seanst

seanst
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 12:17

Intermitantly during installation of my application I get error dialogs stating that certain files have failed to register.  The files are several in house dlls, .dll is replaced with .rra. I assume this is some sort of temp file created and then deleted during the installation process?

Sometimes my application installs without incident and other times the above problem occurs, I suspect it may be a windows 2000 access rights problem but I don't know. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Ta

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 15:08

So are you sometimes installing with a different level of rights?

Most likely your dependencies are wrong/missing for the failed registrations.  Try registering the files manually from the command line to confirm the error.  Then use a dependency checker, like the depends.exe found in Visual Studio, to see the real cause.
user posted image

seanst

seanst
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 11:01

Hi

Thanks for your reply to my query about rra files.

I think it is possibly a rights issue that is causing my problem (most of the problems I encounter turn out to be Windows 2000 security rights issues).

The thing I don't understand with this current problem is what rra files actually are? They are not files I'm installing but seem to be something installshield itself is trying to create at installation time.

Thanks for your help.

Sean

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 15:32

Sorry, but I have no idea what RRA files actually are.
user posted image