This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating Dialogs

1 reply to this topic

soumitrabajpai

soumitrabajpai
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:58

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to compile Installshield support for great and functional User Interface. I am looking for complex data grid controls and controls that can help the user more intiuitively see the installation process.

The grids should be editable.

An example, if I am installing a series of websites I wish the user should be able to see all the website names, IP and port numbers. At the same time the user can click on a cell and a editable dropdown should allow them to make modifications to that colum.

Another example. After selecting all the installation options I want a grid to be displayed that shows the status of the current activity being performed and there are (right symbol) and wrong symbol (cross) to indicate the success or failure etc..

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Soumitra

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 13:59

The UI functionality in MSI is somewhat limited. You may need to use an external UI handler (see MsiSetExternalUI in MSI help)