This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall Custom Actions

3 replies to this topic

thompsonson

thompsonson
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 13:14

Hey,
I'm using IS Developer 7 and I'd like to use a InstallScript custom action to tidy up after the uninstall has completed.
First off, is it possible? Is there a property that specifies that its an uninstall in progress... or something similar?
Thanks,
Matt

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 13:53

The condition REMOVE ="ALL" will identify an uninstall. Please note that a major upgrade will uninstall the existing installation silently. Hence you may want to use the condition (REMOVE = "ALL") And (Not UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) to prevent the action from running during a major upgrade silent install, but instead run only during a real uninstall.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

thompsonson

thompsonson
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 16:23

Stein,
cheers. Do you know where i could find a list of all the properties an install may have?
Matt

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 16:48

Check out the MSI property reference in the Windows Installer SDK. Here is a link to the MSDN location: http://msdn.microsof...y_reference.asp

Regards
-Stein Åsmul