This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

need help finding ISWI 1.52

2 replies to this topic

mbuondonno

mbuondonno
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 15:22

I had ISWI 1.52 on my system with several projects built with it. Now however, ISWI 1.52 appears to have become corrupted. I can open and read projects but ISWI 1.52 will not let me edit any of the fields. So I guess I need to reinstall.

Here's where the problem begins. I have a disk with ISWI 1.5 on it but the built in update mechanism doesn't access the 1.52 update any more. The update doesn't appear to be directly downloadable either from the web site.

I also have the disk from "The Offical InstallShield for Windows Installer Develoer's Guide" book which has ISWI 1.52 on the accompanying CD. Unfortunatly the web pages that provide the password to access ISWI 1.52 no longer exist.

Can any one help me out with either the 1.52 update, a pointer to the update, or the Developers Guide password?
Upgrading to newer version of InstallShield are not an option at this time.

thanks

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:15

If you contact install shield, they should be able to provided you with a download for 1.52

mbuondonno

mbuondonno
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 14:56

I've already called them. Installshield considered ISWI 1.2 an obsolete product and is no longer supported. They can't even provide me the password for the version in the "The Offical InstallShield for Windows Installer Develoer's Guide" book which they hosted the web page my book sends me to to get the password.