This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall via Add/Remove programs problem

2 replies to this topic

haren_1985

haren_1985
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:33

Hi,
I have a problem with one of the Instalshield Installscript MSI projects I am working on.
Our Installshield software was updated from Installshield 11.5 to Installshield 2010, and so I let Installshield 2010 update the project, too. Also I made some changes on the project, which may have couased the following problem, too:

The installation of the project is working properly, however the project cannot be uninstalled via Add/Remove programs.
Under Windows XP nothing happens when clicking on the remove or change button (shortly I can see the border of a window popping up and disappearing again immediately)
Under Windows 7, after clicking on remove, the system tells me immediately that something went wrong with the deinstallation and if I want to deinstall with common settings or if the project was successfully uninstalled.

However, uninstalling by using the setup.exe from which I installed the project works fine. The maintainance mode comes up and I can elect the removal of the software, which does what it is supposed to be.

The entries in the registration look fine to me, but I found out, that the copied setup.exe in the "Installshield Installation Information/{GUID}" folder is not working properly. I changed that setup.exe with the original setup.exe from the installation medium and then clicked remove in the Add/Remove Programs panel and it worked fine!

But now I have no idea what influences the extraction and copy process of the setup.exe on my hard dik in the "Installshield Installation Information/{GUID}" folder from the setup.exe in the installation medium and what can go wrong there.

Anybody has a clue? I am thankful for every help.

Edit: The setup.exe which is copied to the local disc is of type 'Adobe bootstrapper single installation' instead of the setup.exe which is marked as application from our company.

Please help

Thanks,
Harendra chauhan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 13:46

I have a problem with one of the Instalshield Installscript MSI projects I am working on.

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

Our Installshield software was updated from Installshield 11.5 to Installshield 2010

InstallSite Forum -> ENGLISH : General -> InstallShield DevStudio 9 "InstallScript" Projects

I'm moiving the question to the appropriate section of the forum...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 13:47

The setup.exe which is copied to the local disc is of type 'Adobe bootstrapper single installation' instead of the setup.exe which is marked as application from our company.

That sounds weird. Please try cleaning out the TEMP folder to see if that helps.