This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Terminal-based installer

1 reply to this topic

ptyrrell

ptyrrell
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:04

<Cross-posted from the InstallShield site>

Hi all.

I've been using DevStudio for a few months now and have recently been asked to look at 'X' for a UNIX-based application.

The thing is I'm sure I've read somewhere that X provides a command-line/terminal installer 'free' when you create the GUI one. In other words we'd like an installer that, where possible, provides a GUI for the user. However where that isn't possible or practical (like where remote terminal access is the only connection method available) we'd like to provide a text-based installer for the user.

Am I completely barking mad or does 'X' do something like that? If it does can someone point me in the right direction - I've had a look and can't find anything (although I'm probably searching on the wrong keywords!!)

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 16:03

Multiple User Interface Options
Whether your installers need to run in console mode for server-side deployments, in GUI mode for client platform installations, or in silent mode for enterprise-wide deployments, InstallShield X lets you build just one installer that does it all for you.