This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CheckBox Table

5 replies to this topic

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 15:59

Hi all

My project had quite a few checkboxes, which I removed later from my project. Recently I found out that InstallShield (1.52) still includes the property - value pairs in the CheckBox table.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Note: it's not really a problem, except that searching in Orca is now troublesome. And I don't feel comfortable when IS creates unwanted items.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:15

InstallShield provides a Direct Editor, you should be able to remove them by using this.

Maybe run a quick search to make sure the check boxes arent actually in use still smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:39

I don't think that old version of InstallShield had a DirectEditor.
Check the InstallShield KB - this might be a known bug in version 1.5.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 22:46

Im pretty sure the old Install shield for Windows Installer 1.52 contained a direct editor (possibly called something else??), but it did not allow you to alter all of the tables sad.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:59

I think it was called "Power Editor" and showed only those tables that were not available elasewhere in the IDE.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:32

Yes, it's the Power Editor and it has no CheckBox table...
I once figured out how to remove ComboBox table records after removing the ComboBox, and hoped someone found a way to do the same with the CheckBox table. I guess I'm out of luck here.