This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SUPPORTDIR

5 replies to this topic

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:57

So I have a basic msi project that attempts to brand a dialog (sdFinish) when it detects software it needs is currently running. It uses the following line in setup.rul

szBmpPath = SUPPORTDIR^"MyBitmap.bmp";
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, szBmpPath, TRUE);
SdFinish(szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOpt1, szOpt2, bvOpt1, bvOpt2);

The image does not display on the left side of the dialog. So I added a print out statement to display szBmpPath so I could see where it was looking. It spit out:

C:\Documents and Settings\joeuser\Local Settings\Temp\1\{0757B7A0-6441-45DF-8C59-C0BCBF84A306}

which does contain some support files but none of the ones i have listed in the lang independent section of the support files view. Those are all found under

C:\Documents and Settings\joeuser\Local Settings\Temp\1\{E0483B0D-7801-4520-AB00-7DABDF2C2455}

So the files are getting put in a support dir just not one that can be found with the value SUPPORTDIR. Is there a way I can consistently refer to this path to find the image i need?

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:05

So the solution to this after reading http://www.acresso.c...SetupExeDir.pdf and http://forum.install...1&hl=supportdir
and the help related to SUPPORTDIR I used the MsiGetProperty for SUPPORTDIR and got the path where the support files I actually need reside.

I was able to replace the SUPPORTDIR ^ MyBmp.bmp with the return value and pick up the image file path properly but it still does not display.

does it need to be a certain size?

Edited by overlordchin, 27 April 2011 - 18:35.

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 16:01

So I tried the following based on the example in the installshield 2009 help:

CODE
szBmpPath = szMySupportPath ^ "\ISBanner.bmp";  

iRunning = 0;  

nTest = DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, szBmpPath, TRUE);  
if (nTest<0) then
 MessageBox("failed", WARNING);      
else
  MessageBox("hooray", WARNING);
endif;
if (nTest>0) then
 MessageBox("WTF", WARNING);
endif;

I see hooray which indicates that it successfully set the image see ->"Indicates that the function successfully set the style specified." quoted from the help. If I output the path for szBmpPath it correctly lists the file path to the image.

But when I run:
SdFinish(szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOpt1, szOpt2, bvOpt1, bvOpt2);

It shows the installshield classic theme blue square with arrows on it instead of my image.

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 16:47

ok so it turns out that DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE does not replace the image on the left side of SdFinish or SdWelcome. it only changes the image on the right if there is one present at all.

Is there a way to substitute this image through install script?

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 17:14

I just found this post which makes it sound like it is not worth the effort. But if anyone knows any easier method of customizing this via installscript or otherwise please let me know

http://forum.install...p?showtopic=219

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:34

Changing the bitmap in an MSI dialog isn't a big problem, you can do this in the dialog editor.
Same is true in an InstallScript project, you can also replaxce the bitmap in dialog editor.
However if you are calling the InstallScript dialog in a custom action in your Basic MSI project (why would you do that?) that's another story.