This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Express 2K5 and IS 12

2 replies to this topic

Radius

Radius
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 20:11

Hi,

I am relatively new to IS so please be patient with me... wink.gif

I am trying to install MSSQL express 2K5 in a script and I've basically used:

LaunchAppAndWait(regVal + "SQLEXPR.exe", "SQPWD=goaway INSTANCENAME=MyGoodInstance SECURITYMODE=SQL ADDLOCAL=ALL DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 /qn", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_HIDDEN);

So far so good. However, the MSDN website says that I should check and make sure I'm not installing over an existing version of SQL Express. They reccomend using T-SQL and some command to go along with it.

How exactly do I check to see if I'm already installed or not? I don't understand what T-SQL is or how it relates to IS. Is there another way I can verify if it's already installed?

Thanks!

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 15:11

I use the system search functionality to look for the file 'sqlresld90.dll' within the folder [ProgramFilesFolder]Microsoft SQL Server\90\COM.

This file is always there when SQL EXPRESS 2005 is installed on the system.

Succes...

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 16:50

Can you do that from within an MSI? I was under the impression that since the SQL 2005 installer is a group of MSIs you couldn't run it from within your Basic MSI install. How are you getting that to work? I'd really like to do it that way if possible.

For the record, I'm installing it with the predefined Setup Prerequisite. It checks the for the file like Christoph suggested.

-- spdygnlz --