This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Tab Index settings don't stay set

4 replies to this topic

cmessman

cmessman
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2001 - 18:45

I am creating custom dialogs and all is well except that when I set the tab Index property on each control in a dialog, it gets reset to some seemingly random sequence as soon as I navigate to another dialog.  Saving my work does not seem to help.

I don't see any bug reports on this so what's going on?  Is it an unreported bug? Or am I leaving out some step?

Chris

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 10:27

I have noticed that InstallShield simply uses the previous  tab value of the control you just set and gives it to the control that previously had the value you just used. This can lead to confusion.

I find it best to methodically work through the controls from tab 0 to tab 1 to tab2 and so on.  Just saying that control X is Tab 5 is not good enough.

Hope this helps.

cmessman

cmessman
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 14:41

Thanks, Ian.  I actually have gone methodically thru the entire dialog assigning tab indices from top to bottom -- 3 or 4 times at least.  Things look great until I navigate to another dialog, do some work, then return to the first dialog.  At this point the order is jumbled again.  I will give it another try.

Chris

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 20:48

I find the dialog editor does that kind of thing far too often.  I frequently lose changes to strings, bitmaps sizing etc.  

The IDE needs a great deal of attention from InstallShield developers.  Suppose you want to order every control on the dialog not just those withs tabs.  This can't be done.   It is very important for blind users for dialogs to be properly ordered.